Ancestors of Tim Farr and Descendants of Stephen Farr Sr. of Concord, Massachusetts and Lidlington, Bedfordshire, England

Edwin C. BROWN-8574 was born on 1 Jun 1863 in Bridgewater, Windsor, Vermont, United States. He died on 4 Mar 1937 in Springfield, Windsor, Vermont, United States. Edwin married (MRIN:3781) Mary Anne FARR-8557 on 7 Apr 1883 in Perkinsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States.

Edwin was also known as Elwin Brown.

Mary Anne FARR [Parents] 1-8557 was born on 16 Mar 1866 in Cavendish, Windsor, Vermont, United States. She died in Jan 1937. Mary married (MRIN:3781) Edwin C. BROWN-8574 on 7 Apr 1883 in Perkinsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States.

From the research of Linda Farr Welch:

Cavendish, 8 Sept., 1905: “Ed Brown was badly hurt last week while at work in a deep ditch at John Stearns', by reason of a heavy stone rolling from the top and striking him in the small of the back, injuring the kidneys.”  Amsden, 3 Dec., 1908: “Edwin Brown and son Carl of Springfield were in town Monday on business.” - Amsden, 10 Aug., 1915: “Leon Farr and family and mother Mrs. Russell Farr of Proctorsville spent Sunday at E. C. Brown's.” - 7 Aug., 1921: “Mr. & Mrs. Charles Parody of Greenfield, Mass., are visiting her Aunt at E. C. Brown's.”

Edwin and Mary Ann lived in Amsden section of Weathersfield.  Mary Ann died in Perkinsville, Jan., 1937.  Elwin failed after his wife's death and had to be taken to the hospital at Springfield the next day as he had developed gangrene in one of his feet.  Elwin died in Springfield, 4 March, 1937.

Charles C. "Charlie" PARADY-8581 was born 1 in Dec 1873 in Vermont, United States. He died on 22 Apr 1942 in Connecticut, United States. Charlie married 2 (MRIN:3782) Mabel Emma FARR "Mae"-8576 on 18 May 1897 in Vermont, United States.

BIRTH: The census says 1872 but he was really born in 1873.

Mabel Emma "Mae" FARR [Parents] [scrapbook] 1-8576 was born 2, 3 on 24 Jan 1876 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. She died 4 on 31 Aug 1968 in Ludlow, Windsor, Vermont, United States. Mae married 5 (MRIN:3782) Charles C. PARADY "Charlie"-8581 on 18 May 1897 in Vermont, United States.

From the research of Linda Farr Welch:

News of Auntie May: -Proctorsville, 14 Aug., 1891: “A curiosity of the vegetable kingdom was found a few days since, by Mabel Farr, while preparing some old potatoes for cooking. As she cut open one, she found imbedded in the center a new potato as large as a walnut, and as perfect in appearance as if dug from the ground.” - 3 Feb., 1893: “About twenty-five of the young people, friends of Mabel Farr, gave her a surprise party Wednesday evening, Jan. 25th, to celebrate her seventeenth birthday.” -2 Feb., 1894: “About twenty young people met at the home of Russell Farr one evening last week to celebrate the 18th birthday of his daughter, Mabel.”

-20 Sept., 1895: “Miss Lillie Piper and Mabel Farr went to Burlington as delegates to the State meeting of the Christian Endeavor society.”

-18 May, 1897: “a pretty home wedding took place at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Russell Farr on Tuesday evening at 6 o'clock when their daughter Mabel was married to Charles C. Parody. The ceremony was performed by the past of the Methodist Church, Rev. W. N. Roberts, in the presence of about fifty relatives and friends. The house was prettily decorated with plants and cut flowers. After the ceremony refreshments of cake and coffee were served. Later in the evening, the young couple were driven to Ludlow, where they were the guests of their friends, Mr. & Mrs. W. P. Bowman at the Gill Home. They took the noon train for Claremont where they will spend a few days after which they will return to Proctorsville. The presents were numerous and beautiful and attested the high esteem in which the bride and bridegroom are held. We are pleased to learn that Proctorsville is to be their future home.”

We learn from the Vt. Tribune that Mabel was “in the hospital at Rutland for treatment and is getting along well at the present time 9 Feb., 1900, and Mr. & Mrs. Russell Farr went to Rutland Saturday morning, returning Monday evening to visit with their daughters.” -9 March, 1900: “Mrs. Mabel Parody came home from Rutland last week and is gaining slowly.” - 31 Aug., 1900: “Mr. & Mrs. Parody, who had been spending the summer at Middletown Springs, returned to town last week.” -7 Dec., 1900: “ The many friends of Mrs. C. C. Parody will be glad to learn that she is gaining as fast as could be expected. Mr. Parody, who has been with his wife at Burlington, returned home Saturday night.” -22 Feb., 1901: “Mr. and Mrs. C.C. Parody have moved into the upper tenement of Mr. Eddy's house. Mr. Parody's mother is with them for the present.” -29 March, 1901: “Everyone rejoiced last Sunday to see Mrs. C.C. Parody back in the choir of the Methodist church. Mrs. Parody has been absent a long time from the choir on account of ill health. - 5 April, 1901: “Charles C. Parody went to Brattleboro last week Friday where he has secured a position in the insane asylum.” ” - 3 May, 1901: “Mrs. Parody, who has been at her son's for some time, returned to her home in Middletown Springs last week Thursday.” - 10 May, 1901: “C. C. Parody went last Friday to Bellows Falls where he had secured a position in a machine shop.” -4 Oct., 1901: “Charles Parody of Bellows Falls is spending a week's vacation in town. At the end of that time he and his wife will return to Bellows Falls where they will remain all winter.” -22 Nov., 1901: “Mrs. Mabel Parody of Bellows Falls came to town Friday last and will visit her parents, Mr. & Mrs. Russell Farr until after Thanksgiving.” -5 June, 1903: “Alice Davis, who is well known in this vicinity, and who has spent some time here of late in company with Frank H. Whitney of Springfield, started Wednesday morning for Bellows Falls, where at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Charles Parody, she and Mr. Whitney were united in marriage by Rev. W. N. Roberts.” -21 Aug., 1903: Mrs. Mabel Parody of Bellows Falls came to her father's R. H. Farr's on Wednesday to spend Old Home Day.” -27 Nov., 1903: “Mrs. Mabel Parody of Bellows Falls came to her father's R. H. Farr's Saturday to spend Thanksgiving. She was joined Wednesday evening by her husband, Charles Parody.” -29 April, 1904: “Mrs. Parody of Middletown, on her way to Essex Jct., stopped over Sunday with her sister, Mrs. Miner, who is quite sick.” -Proctorsville, 13 May, 1904: “Mr. & Mrs. Charles Parody were in town to attend the funeral of their aunt, Mrs. Ellen Miner. ["Mrs. Ellen Miner, who has been sick for several months with heart trouble and dropsy, fell from her chair, dying suddenly, Monday morning, 9 May, 1904. The funeral was held Sunday afternoon, Rev. McKenzie officiating. She is survived by a daughter and two sons, who were present at the funeral. The sons returned to their home in Danby Monday, taking their sister with them.”]

-10 June, 1904: “Mrs. Mabel Parody came last Wednesday to her father's R. H. Farr's called here by her mother's illness.” -15 July, 1904: “Mrs. Mabel Parody returned Monday morning to her home in Bellows Falls after a six weeks' stay at the father's R. H. Farr's, assisting her mother.” -22 Sept., 1905: “Charles Parody and wife of Bellows Falls came Saturday for a few days' visit with her parents, R. H. Farr, and wife, on their way to Rutland and Middletown Springs.” -29 Nov., 1906: “Mrs. Mabel Parody came Saturday from Middletown Springs to her father's R. H. Farr's where she will spend Thanksgiving.” -6 Dec., 1906: “Charlie Parody joined his wife at her father's, R. H. Farr's on Wednesday night to spend a few days, returning to Bellows Falls the last of the week.” -Proctorsville, 5 Dec., 1907: “Charles Parody and wife of Bellows Falls, spent Thanksgiving at her father's R. H. Farr's, the whole family being all together for the first time in seven years.” - 25 May, 1911: “Mrs. Mabel Parody has gone to Greenfield, Mass., to visit her husband who is now working there.” - 10 Sept., 1914: “Mrs. Charles Parody stopped at her father's R. H. Farr's last week on her way from Middletown Spa to her home in Greenfield, Mass.”  When the 1920 census was taken, Charles and Mabel were living in a rented house on Davis Street in Greenfield, Mass. Charles (age 47) was employed at the Tap & Die Corporation at the time. Mabel (age 43, was keeping house). When the 1930 census was taken, Charles (age 57), was working as an assembler in the tool factory. Mabel F. Parody (age 54), was not working, just keeping house.

Memories of Linda M. Welch: "My Auntie Mae was a stately proud and petite woman- but she had the Irish gleam in her eyes! We all called her "Auntie Mae". We never knew Charlie Parody, he died before I was born, but Auntie Mae would always talk about him with pure love in her eyes. My earliest recollections of Auntie Mae were visiting her on Sundays at the Gill Odd Fellows Mansion in Ludlow. To me, it was where she must have always lived, because I never saw her living in any other place. But she, of course - had. Her husband was a mechanic of sorts and when they lived in Greenfield, Connecticut, he worked for a machine company. After he died, she sold her house and gave her money to the Gill Odd Fellows and was given a home for life in Ludlow in that stately old place! What a simply wonderful place it was! Victorian to the ultimate and mahogany wood carving throughout! The staircase to me was like the grand staircase in "Gone with the Wind" and my twin brother and I used to have fun sliding down the banister before we were caught by someone and told to sit down and be quiet. There were usually elderly people in the 'sitting room' downstairs, playing cards or putting together puzzles on the big wood tables. The place always smelled of cinnamon and apples. They must have had a wonderful cook. Auntie Mae's room upstairs was cozy- she had a most wonderful bright-colored bed quilt. Her bed was high and had four posts- I think it must have been made of cherry wood. Her dressers and bed were part of a set. She had all kinds of fancy shawls and embroidered sweaters and beads I used to put on at her insistence when we all went to visit. She was not an invalid- I never remember her being so. She was able to get up and around with her cane and would get into the old elevator and go down to the ground floor with all of us at times. Her hair was always in a beautiful little pulled back bun with a hairnet covering it. She would take us to the adjoining rooms on the floor to visit other old folk. One woman I remember in particular was "Nellie", but I never knew her last name. Nellie was a joker and always had a funny story to tell. She and Aunt Mae were friends. My Daddy loved Aunt Mae. He always had tears in his eyes when it was time to say good-bye and come home. Of course, he loved Ludlow anyway, some of his best memories were spent in that town- but Auntie Mae had a special place in his heart being his deceased father's sister. She never wore a hearing aide and she was, at times, hard of hearing- that I do remember. I so wish I was smart enough then, on those visits, to have sit myself down with pencil and paper and asked Auntie Mae about the recollections of her own life. She would have told me everything I am so curious to know today and will probably never have the chance to learn now. Auntie Mae died when I was nineteen years old. I was not able to attend the funeral as I was on Monhegan Island in Maine working for the summer. However, one never forgets the image of childhood of someone who holds such endearment. I shall always remember her dignity- the way she carried herself and how she kept her faculties right up to the end. And I shall never forget the Gill Home in Ludlow- the old Gill Home that was a showplace, standing on the hill with its wide porches and rounded side widows- the winding road that took us up there in our old jalopy while I gazed out the window to catch a view of the place from the bottom of the hill. The Sunday afternoons visiting this place filled me as a child, with special memories of what it must be like to grow old and how much I was looking forward to it and especially spending my last days at the Gill Home where Auntie May lived! But alas, they tore the place down and now modern buildings dot the landscape of where once stood the most picturesque place in the town of Ludlow. I am grateful that my grandmother Farr gave me my Auntie May's small gold locket with her initials engraved on the front "MEP" in calligraphy. Inside the locket is a picture of my great grandfather Farr and great grandmother Susie McNulty. I will always treasurer it as a permanent loving connection to my Auntie May Parody."

My Auntie Mae and her husband Charlie Parody lived in Bellows Falls, and Greenfield, Conn.  Charlie died in Connecticut,  22 April, 1942.  Mae removed back to Ludlow, lived at the Gill Odd Fellows Home there until her death on 31 Aug., 1968 (age 92).

Leon Russell FARR [Parents] [scrapbook]-8577 was born 1, 2 on 16 Dec 1881 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. He died on 14 Aug 1944 in Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut, United States. Leon married 3, 4 (MRIN:3783) Mabel Emma FROST-8582 on 14 Aug 1909 in Concord, Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States.

From the research of Linda Farr Welch:

Leon Farr was born and raised in the village of Proctorsville. He attended the local school and later self-studied the nursing field. Mr. Farr worked at the Brattleboro Retreat from April, 1902 to 1906. He also worked in private duty practice for some time in Cavendish and Proctorsville.

FAMILY NEWS: -Proctorsville, 15 Dec., 1893: “Anyone wishing for a Boston Sunday Journal, can get it of Leon Farr.” -21 Aug., 1903: “Leon Farr who is at work at the Brattleboro Retreat for the insane, is spending his vacation at his father's Russell Farr's. While Leon and Harold Pickett were driving home from Ludlow Monday afternoon, their horse became frightened near the watering trough in Smithville, throwing them out and smashing up the carriage.” -28 Aug., 1903: Leon Farr returned to Bellows Falls Sunday to spend a day or two with his sister, Mrs. Parody before returning to his work in Brattleboro.” -8 July, 1904: “Leon Farr is taking a two weeks' vacation from his duties at the Brattleboro retreat and is at his father's R. H. Farr's.” -19 Jan., 1906: “Leon Farr came home from Brattleboro asylum on Friday night suffering from an abscess on his nose.” 26 March, 1908: “Leon Farr is caring for Mr. George S. Hill at the present time.” -10 Dec., 1908: “Leon Farr, who has been an attendant on Geo. S. Hill, finished work there December 1st., and Miss Helen Fitton is now taking care of her grandfather.”

Leon removed to Collinsville, Conn. and worked at the hospital there. Collinsville, a suburb of the city of Hartford, Conn., was a prosperous manufacturing village of 3,000 inhabitants in the year 1924. Often times when the Cavendish and Proctorsville mills shut down, their workers would find suitable employment in Collinsville and manufacturing centers like it.

-Cavendish, 9 Aug., 1906: “Leon Farr was at his home here from Collinsville, Conn., called by the serious illness of his mother.” -Proctorsville 12 Nov., 1908: “The supper and concert given by the Order of Woodmen last Friday evening was well attended and pronounced by all present a most enjoyable event. Supper was served in the dining hall from five until eight. The concert was held in the opera house and consisted of selections on the phonograph, duets by Helen M. Hudson and Leon R. Farr, soprano solos by Mrs. Charles Cook, and Misses May and Maude Mack, baritone solos by Rice M. Battey and Charles Parker. Mrs. Charles Parker presided at the piano during the evening.” -Proctorsville, 4 March, 1909: “Leon Farr left Monday morning for Concord, NH where he has a position in the insane asylum.”

The first time back to Proctorsville after his marriage in Aug., 1910 to Mabel Emma Frost, we learn on 17 March, 1910: “Mr. and Mrs. Leon Farr of Concord, NH are at his father's R. H. Farr's.” Mabel had been working as an attendant in a hospital at Concord, NH, where she and Leon, who also was working as an attendant, became acquainted, fell and love, and were married.

-Proctorsville, 25 May, 1911: “Mrs. Leon Farr and baby went to her home in Pepperell, Mass., last Saturday.” - 6 July, 1911: “Leon Farr moved his family into one of the Parker tenements in the old store building.” - 28 Dec., 1911: “Mrs. Leon Farr was seriously burned last week through the ignition of her gown by the head of a snap match which broke in lighting and started her clothing on fire. Mr. Farr was asleep in another room and upon hearing her cries he rushed to her aid and with quick work on the part of both, fatal results were averted. Her lower limbs and body were badly burned but not deep enough but that it is felt she will recover.” - 11 Jan., 1912: “At the latest report, Mrs. Leon Farr is improving.” - 30 April, 1914: “Miss Lill Frost from Pepperell, Mass., who has been on a two weeks' visit to her sister, Mrs. Leon Farr, went back to her home on Wednesday.”- 9 July, 1914: "Mrs. Leon Farr and two children have gone to Pepperell, Mass., to visit her mother.” - 8 Oct., 1914: “Leon Farr has returned after a three months absence much improved in health and has returned to his former position in the Proctorsville mill.” - 22 Oct., 1914: “Mrs. Leon Farr and two children who have spent the past few months with her mother, joined her husband here last Saturday.” - 2 Dec., 1914: “Leon Farr has finished work at the mill and is in Rutland this week with the agent, learning the routine and preparing to engage in the insurance business under the auspices of the Odd Fellows.” - 10 Dec. 1914: “Leon Farr has returned home and resumed work in the mill.”

- Proctorsville, 14 Feb., 1915: “Leon Farr has taken the agency for sanitary brushes for Fuller brush company, Hartford, Conn., and has Windham county for territory.” - 10 June, 1915: “Miss Lillian Frost of Pepperell, Mass. is visiting her sister, Mrs. Leon Farr.” - 8 July, 1915: “Mrs. Leon Farr visited her father in Waverly, Mass., over the Fourth.” - 16 Sept., 1915: “Leon Farr is working in Cook & Wells' market, having taken Fred Hart's place, and has moved his family to the Dix tenement on Main Street” - 26 Oct., 1916: “Cook & Wells have recently purchased an automobile delivery truck which they are using as a meat cart and have added Springfield to their route, Leon Farr as delivery man.” - 16 Nov., 1916: “Mrs. Leon Farr went to Pepperell, Mass. Wednesday to visit her mother who is in poor health.”- 22 Feb., 1917: “Mr. & Mrs. Leon Farr visited at her home in Pepperell, Mass. last week.” - 24 May, 1917: “Henry E. Frost of Waverly, Mass., is the guest of his daughter, Mrs. Leon Farr. Mr. Frost is having a vacation of two weeks from his duties as night supervisor at the McLean Hospital, a position he has held for thirty-nine years.” - 7 June, 1917: “Miss Seymour, who teaches school in Walpole, NH, was the guest of her former playmate, Mrs. Leon Farr over Sunday.” - 28 June, 1917: “Mrs. Leon Farr was called to her former home in Massachusetts the last of the week by the serious illness of her mother.”

- Proctorsville, 5 Sept., 1918: “The program for the coming week at the “Pastime” includes a Sunday evening performance of “Over the Top” featuring Guy Espey himself. The doors will open at 7:00 and from 7:45 until 8:15, Perry's orchestra of Springfield will give a concert. During the evening, Leon Farr will sing. Mrs. Leon Farr left Wednesday for a week's visit to her sister in Pepperell, Mass., and her mother in Worcester.” - 19 Dec., 1918: “L. E. Boyce and Wright Danforth have purchased the grocer and meat business hitherto conducted by W. L. Warner on Depot Street, Ludlow ,and are now carrying it on under the 'cash and carry' system. The store was closed all day yesterday for re-arrangement of the goods, and opened again this morning. Mr. Warner is to remain with the new firm for a few days and J. C. Gleason is also helping here.” - 23 Jan., 1919: “Mr. Henry Edgar Frost has come to Proctorsville from a visit with his son Edgar and daughter Lillian at East Pepperell, Mass. He is now visiting with his daughter Mrs. Leon Farr. He is very proud of his son Edgar Frost. He brought in an extract from the Pepperell News: “Edgar W. Frost is spending his furlough with his sister, Mrs. John B. Rodier. Mr. Frost enlisted in the naval reserves when war was declared. Having entered the Harvard Radio school, he volunteered to go across on the U. S. S. destroyer, Tucker on May 17, 1917. During his 19 months of service, he worked up from third class to first class and finally to chief radio operator. The Tucker was awarded a white star on her forward funnel for downing a submarine unaided.”

- Proctorsville, 30 Jan., 1919: “Leon Farr cut the thumb on his left hand severely while peddling meat for Cook & Wells in Ludlow on Saturday. He injured the bone, which makes it very painful.” - (under same date): “Mrs. Adeline Parker, D. D. P., and her marshal, Mrs. Mabel Farr, installed the officers of Amity Rebekah lodge in Bellows Falls Friday evening of Crystal Lodge Saxtons River Monday evening, and of Hope lodge of Chester, Tuesday evening.”- 20 Feb., 1919: “Fred Hart has returned to a position he had in Kent, Ohio, last fall, and Leon Farr has taken charge of the Cook & Wells store in Ludlow. Mrs. Leon Farr returned the first of the week from a visit with her sister, Mrs. John Rodier in Pepperell, Mass.” - 27 Feb., 1919: “Leon Farr, who injured his hand a short time ago, expects to have his thumb taken off this week.”- Proctorsville, 20 March, 1919: “Leon Farr has had a telephone installed in his house, 2-8.” - 1 May, 1919: “Mrs. Eliza (McNulty) Williams and Mrs. Leon Farr left here last Wednesday noon for Greenfield, Mass. Mrs. Farr returned Friday. Mrs. Williams was to continue her trip to Boston.” Ludlow, - 11 Sept., 1919: “Leon Farr of the local Cook & Wells market, is in Boston or the week. Fred Hart of Proctorsville is helping in the market in his absence.”

After his father's death in 1919, Leon and wife Mabel purchased the home and moved in right away, vacating the house they had rented.

-Proctorsville, 3 May, 1920: “Leon Farr is beautifying his home by the setting out of hydrangeas and rose bushes, pear and apple trees.” - 3 June, 1920: “When Leon Farr set out fruit trees a short time ago, in the 'wilds' of Proctorsville, he used dynamite in digging the holes. He says he did not linger near the holes to note the details of the digging process, but found when the dynamite was through with the dirt, in loosened in fine shape and now recommends this process to his neighbors, for large hole digging.”

Proctorsville, 15 July, 1920: “A Proctorsville Woman Writes of Her Trip Through The Air In An Airplane: “Mrs. Leon Farr of Proctorsville sends this description of a recent trip in an airplane: Mrs. Farr claims the distinction of being the only woman in the immediate vicinity who has been fortunate enough to travel by airplane and in anticipating the time when this will be a common mode of travel. The new mode of travel by airplane is a most delightful experience, though not all pleasant by any means, to those who are fortunate enough to have so thrilling an adventure. None of our party had any idea of taking a flight when we started for Kendrick's Corners, the landing place and aviation 'field'. When we arrived, Capt. Stickney, the aviator and his assistant, were adjusting a new propeller. It was not an ideal day for a flight, the weather being showery and with high winds. However, as they expected to make flights at Claremont, NH the following day, the place was given a try-out. Capt. Stickney going up alone the first trip. The spectators were treated to a thrill when the plane 'looped the loop.' In plain sight of all. He then carried three passengers, one at a time. I was the fourth passenger after signing a paper releasing the government from responsibility should any damage occur to my person or clothing during the flight. The assistant, having helped me to the seat, I was strapped in, and invested with an aviators cap and goggles. When the machine left the ground, I wished myself back on solid ground, but this feeling passed quickly and I became anxious to peer over at objects below. Suddenly it seemed as though we were not moving an inch, but just hanging in mid-air. How long it seemed as we passed over that mountain, facing a strong wind! Soon I began to follow the course of the river, railroad, and highways, and began to partially realize what was passing below us. Just before reaching Proctorsville, Capt. Stickney called my attention by pulling my cape and pointed toward the town. As Mr. Butler had sent word than an airplane was to fly over the town I felt sure some of the citizens were looking our way, but must confess I saw none. The trip back was delightful, with the wind at our backs, and we were at the landing place again, in a surprisingly short space of time, the entire trip being covered in 24 minutes.”

A few days after Mabel went flying in the plane, her husband Leon was in Plymouth, Vt. at the Coolidge reception, taking pictures for the Vermont Tribune newspaper of Calvin Coolidge's visit to the old homestead. One of the pictures he took appeared on the front page of the 22 July, 1920 issue. Leon took a good deal of pictures and held a 'show' of the event at Hammond Hall in Ludlow on Saturday evening, 24 July, 1920. Mabel Farr was very proud to have registered for the very first time to vote in the September primary election in Proctorsville, September 14, 1920- the very first year women were given the absolute right to vote. She was one of sixty-four women of Proctorsville who registered to vote and one of forty-three who cast their ballots that day in the village for the first time.

More news: - 7 Oct., 1920: “Leon Farr is taking a vacation from the Cook & Wells market and Ludlow, and with Mrs. Farr is visiting relatives in different parts of Massachusetts.”

It was announced in the newspaper that the Cook and Wells partnership was dissolved 20 July, 1920, as Charles M. Cook bought out Reuben O. Wells in the meat store business. - -4 Aug., 1921: “Mrs. John Rodier and Mr. & Mrs. Jesse Shattuck of Pepperell, Mass. have been the recent guests of Mrs. Rodier's sister, Mrs. Leon Farr.” -Ludlow, 17 Feb., 1922: “Dollar Days in Ludlow was a success. C. M. Cook offered bargains on Saturday and had a volume of business that exceeded his fondest hopes. The Cook market had sold out its supply on hand before evening and was obliged to replenish its refrigerator with more beef and pork to take care of the night trade. 'It was by far our best day in many months,' said Mr. Farr, the manager, when asked about his success.” - -11 Aug., 1922: “Most people have opinions of their own about flying in an airplane. Some are decidedly opposed to taking any changes in a dash through space; others would like to try it if they could keep one feet on terra firma. While some would welcome the opportunity to fly, even to the limit of emulating the tricksters in their 'loop-the-loops' and fancy 'dives.' Bill Donahue of Ludlow has an opinion with which all of us will agree. When Leon Farr pointed to the airplane circling over the town Wednesday morning and asked Mr. Donahue how he would like to be up there in it, the genial Irishman replied: “I would much rather be up there with it than without it.' “

Leon and Mabel removed to Ludlow, Vermont, where they bought a farm from George C. Parker of North Bennington, Vt., known as the Cynthia A. Orvis place, for $1,150, on April 27, 1923. This farm consisted of a dwelling and barn about two acres of land, bounded northerly and easterly by land of Harlan Graham; southerly by land of George H. Bennett; and westerly by the highway leading from Ludlow Village to Weston. An additional parcel of land they purchased at the same time lay across the highway from the home place and had ten acres of pasture land.

-Ludlow, 13 April, 1923: "Leon R. Farr, who has managed the meat market here, owned by C. M. Cook of Proctorsville for the past five years, has purchased the establishment from Mr. Cook, and took possession on the first day of the month. Mr. Farr had worked for the former owner for eight years at the time the sale was made- the first three of that time being employed in Proctorsville. The new proprietor will continue to handle the same quality of products as before and no immediate changes in the business are anticipated."  - 27 April, 1923: "Walter Hemenway, who has been employed in the Tribune office for the past eight months, finished work here Saturday, and will begin work on Monday for Leon Farr in the meat market. Lawrence Burney has been working in Farr's market this week." - Proctorsville, 4 May, 1923: "Through the Elwin Leach Agency, Arthur E. Rhodes has bought the Leon R. Farr place in Proctorsville, Mr. Farr as purchased the Chester A. Durphey's place on Andover Street in Ludlow. On Tuesday evening, Mr. and Mrs. Farr, who are soon to move to Ludlow, were presented by Mrs. Park Pollard on behalf of Rebekah Lodge, with a May basket in which was a ten dollar gold piece. Mr. Farr is past grand of Mt. Sinai Lodge, and Mrs. Farr is a past noble Grande of Myrtle Lodge. They have a large circle of friends who regret very much their leaving town."

-Proctorsville, 19 Sept., 1924: The next meeting of the Ladies' Aid will be held with Mrs. Leon Farr in Ludlow." - 3 Oct., 1924: "Seven members of the Ladies' Aid of Proctorsville, attended the work meeting held at the home of Mrs. Leon Farr last week, and report a very pleasant time. They made plans for the Harvest Supper to be held at the Opera House Friday evening, October 10th." - Ludlow, 20 Feb., 1925: "Mr. and Mrs. L. R. Farr were in Boston last week to see Mrs. Farr's cousin, Julian Eltinge, in a last appearance at Fenway's Theater. Mr. Eltinge is called the greatest artist in the country, if not the world, in the impersonations of female characters. He has often been called the 'most beautiful woman on the stage.'" - Ludlow, 30 April, 1926: "Mrs. J. W. Archibald, while making her first automobile trip of the season to Camp Plymouth on Tuesday, while some distance from the camp, her car bumped into a heap of snow which it could not negotiate and went so deep into the drift that it could neither go ahead or back. She then started on foot in the direction of Tyson for help, She met Leon Farr by the side of Echo Lake where their attention was drawn to an animal in distress in the water. At first sight it appeared to be a man or boy struggling for life. Finally the object gained a foothold on a cake of ice where it revealed itself as a splendid young fawn The creature soon lost its balance, however, and soon fell back into the water where it continued to struggle until it sank to the bottom of the lake. In the meantime, Mr. Farr had gone for aid and soon returned with A. H. LeBarr. The two men immediately set out in a boat in the hope of saving the young deer if possible, but were too late. Its body was secured and brought to shore, but life had departed. The fawn was supposed to have been driven into the lake by dogs, as two hounds were seen in the vicinity at the time. The game warden took possession of the body as the law requires." - 20 Aug., 1926: "Mr. and Mrs. Leon Farr and Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Cushman were in Springfield, Mass on Sunday to see Miss Helen Cushman, who has a position in that town. Miss Cushman returned with them for two weeks prior to going to Atlantic City, NJ, where she has a new position."

Leon had one of the first 'mobile meat markets' and grocery delivery trucks in town. He also leased a store (Farr's Market) in 1927 on the corner of Depot and Main Street in Ludlow, which was owned in 1898 by S. A. Hill of Ludlow. Leon operated the market until about 1929 when he went back to the nursing profession. His wife Mabel, was also a nurse. The stock market crash of 1929 proved hard for Leon as he had invested heavily in the market. Forcing to close his business in Ludlow, he sold his place in Ludlow on 20 April, 1937, and removed to Fair Haven (Rutland County) Vermont, to live with his son Russell, where he stayed until he went back to the nursing profession.

Leon died in Middletown, Conn. 14 Aug., 1944.  His widow, removed to Pepperell, Massachusetts where she worked at the McLean Hospital for many years and lived nearby her sister Lillian who had married John Rodier.   Mabel died at Pepperell, 13 April, 1972.

Memories of Linda M. Welch:  "Sadly, none of the four Farr grandkids  got to know our grandfather Farr.  He died of a heart attack five years before I was born.  My father had told me stories of grandfather Leon and my mother often told me that he spoiled my father and neglected to teach him the proper sense of responsibility!  I agree that my father must have been spoiled, but he was a delight and we all loved him so.  Grandma Farr was a very self sufficient and proud woman.  She was a nurse and worked for a living and had her own circle of friends and involvement in Pepperell where she lived.  We used to visit her in Pepperell and I always remember what a beautiful colonial town it was.  Now I have learned much about its historical past and it holds an even more special place in my memory.    Grandma was the President of the Golden Age Society of Pepperell and was responsible for organizing activities for the senior citizens there.  Her sister was my Aunt Lillian.  Aunt Lill was a character and had dyed red hair and wore tons of makeup and colorful jewelry- and she was in her 80s!  After her husband John Rodier died, she had many suitors and boyfriends.  They used to come up to the farm in the Fall time of the year to visit and it seemed she always had a different "friend" with her each time she came.  Gram Farr paid us many visits and at one time had her own room in our farmhouse  I cannot remember the particulars, but know we- the four Farr kids, were all very happy to have her living with us.  She left when and went back to work in nursing, and when she came to visit, she would always take the bus to Rutland and spend the night at the Bardwell House before Daddy drove down to pick her up and bring her up to the farm.  She always dressed with great care and had a wonderful figure.  She was a special lady- I think much of her character came from her "English" background.  Her mother, Mary Ellen Baker was the daughter of two English immigrants to America- Robert Baker and Maria Burkinshaw.   The Burkinshaw Family, Maria's parents, were from Sheffield, England and came to Pepperell, Massachusetts where they opened a knife factory and were quite prosperous.  Mr. Baker also came from Sheffield England, to work in the Burkinshaw Knife Factory and it was here he met and married Maria.  Their daughter, Mary Ellen Baker married Henry Edgar Frost from Norway, Maine, who was my great-grandfather.  My grandmother Farr was born in Sommerville, Massachusetts while her father was working as a Supervisor at the McLean Hospital- so she was introduced to the nursing profession at a very early age.    Grandma must have been devastated when her husband Leon died in 1944.   Her son Russell- my dad, was in military service at the time and was not able to come home for the funeral.   She made do with her life and went on with it- often times traveling to California to visit her daughter and granddaughter and great-grandchildren there.   She worked hard and was able to retire with a little pension.   She took up painting for a hobby and loved to paint Vermont scenes- especially foliage scenes.  I have a few of her oil paintings, and my sister Mary has a few also.   I was in California when she died and not able to attend her funeral."

Mabel Emma FROST [scrapbook]-8582 was born 1 on 25 Jun 1886 in Somerville, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. She died 2 on 13 Apr 1972 in Ayer, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Mabel married 3, 4 (MRIN:3783) Leon Russell FARR-8577 on 14 Aug 1909 in Concord, Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States.

They had the following children.

  M i Russell Henry FARR-8583 was born on 9 May 1910. He died on 6 Feb 1976.
  F ii Susan FARR-8584 was born on 27 Dec 1911. She died on 10 Dec 1992.
  iii Living-8585.

Floyd Ernest FARR [Parents] [scrapbook]-8579 was born 1 on 20 Sep 1892 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. He died on 4 Dec 1965 in St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut, United States from of a pulmonary abscess. Floyd married 2 (MRIN:3784) Vera Marion LOUCKS-8580 on 1 Jun 1933 in Woodstock, Windsor, Vermont, United States.

From the research of Linda Farr Welch:

News About Uncle Floyd: Proctorsville, 4 Feb., 1901: “Floyd Farr was quite badly hurt last week Wednesday when he was riding on Pollard's order team, the sleigh swung and throwing him so as to cut his hip. A doctor was called who took three stitches in the wound.” -1 June, 1906: “Floyd Farr received a severe blow and cut on the forehead last week at school playing ball. Harry Gammon was batting the ball and in some way struck Floyd, cutting a gash that required seven stitches to close. It was his first day at school, too, after having survived the measles.” -5 Sept., 1907, “Maud Mack and Floyd Farr have been visiting their Aunt, Mrs. Fred Williams, in Rutland the past week.” -24 March, 1910: “Floyd Farr, who works in the card room at Murdock's mill had a narrow escape from a serious accident Tuesday. While cleaning the belt his arm was caught, throwing him on the floor and cutting his face and head in several places, requiring stitches in two of the cuts.” - 31 March, 1910: “Floyd Farr, who was hurt in the mill last week is getting along nicely. Last Saturday he was happily surprised and pleased to receive a shower of postcards, 75 in number; also fruit, flowers and confectionery. Floyd as well as his parents are very grateful to all who contributed to his pleasure.”

- 28 Dec., 1911:“The 'Old New Hampshire Home,' played by the Proctorsville Dramatic Club at the Opera House was a decided success and was better liked than any play yet given by the group. Walter Norton portrayed the farmer with great success; Wm. Sinnott acted the part of the villain finely and Victor Bean also good. Floyd Farr looked the part of the country boy while Will Parker caused many to laugh in his part as Mickey Mullins the traveling tinker. Wm. Lawrence was fine as a Hebrew glazier and Frank Wallace was very good as the villain's accomplice. Many words of praise were heard of Mae Norton's portrayal of the farmer's daughter. Stella McNulty acted in her usual capable way; Hannah Johnson looked the part of a farmer's wife. Hazel Norton as 'Muffins' acted her part to perfection. Music was furnished by the Johnson Seff orchestra of Rutland. Too much cannot be said in praise of this orchestra. The Proctorsville Dramatic club is surely carrying out its ambition of giving to the people of Proctorsville the best there is in drama and music. Admission was only 25 cents for this fine production.” - 8 Oct., 1914: “Floyd Farr has returned from Ludlow and gone to work in the mill in Proctorsville.”

-24 Aug., 1916: "Floyd Farr, Robert Fitton, Frank Wallace, Walter Norton and Al Ordway -all members of the M. W. A. gave their neighbor Clifton Barber a lift with his haying Saturday afternoon and Sunday, getting in nearly 20 loads. Ed Martin of Cavendish also helped with his team. Mr. Barber stepped on a rusty nail which has laid him up for some time. 'A friend in need is a friend indeed.' “ - 5 Oct., 1916: “Lloyd McNulty and Floyd Farr have gone to North Billerica, Mass., where they have employment.” - 14 June, 1917: “Floyd Farr of Billerica, Mass., is spending his vacation at his home here.” - 15 Sept., 1917: "Floyd Farr of Billerica spent Thursday night with his parents while on his way to be examined at Woodstock being called on selective service active list.” - 18 Oct., 1917: "Floyd Farr, who has been working in Billerica for some time, has returned home to Proctorsville for the winter.” - 12 Sept., 1918: “Floyd Farr returned to Dalton, Massachuestts to work Monday, after spending a few days at his home here.”

In early 1921, Floyd was living and working in Claremont, NH and often came home to Proctorsville to visit with his brother Leon and family. In May of 1921, Floyd was living and working in Lincoln, NH. -17 April, 1925: Floyd Farr spent Easter at Colin Bills at Tarbell Hill."

Floyd m. 1 June, 1933 Vera Marion Loucks of Rutland, Vt. (b. 28 April, 1910, dau. of ---).  They  removed first to Weathersfield, Vt., then  to Billerica, Mass., and finally settled at Hartford, Conn.

Memories of Linda M. Welch:
"Uncle Floyd and Aunt Vera were never able to have children for some reason and it was a shame- they would have made wonderful parents. I remember my Uncle Floyd so well- some of my fondest memories of a child growing up on our farm in North Poultney included my association with Uncle Floyd and Aunt Vera. Floyd was of a thin stature and a very jolly and creative man. He turned bald quite early in life- but he was still handsome. He loved to come up to our farm and visit because it was a joy for him to turn back the pages of time and relive his youth in company with his young nieces and his nephew. He used to take us out around the far-reaches of our 200 acre farm in the woods on "excursions". I was only about five or six years old and I thought our farm was a world all to itself! When we were with Uncle Floyd, were like a troupe of scouts with their grand leader and no doubt we would have followed him to the end of the earth. He used to have us pick the long cattails in the marsh and dry them all and then at night we would go outside and light them up and use them as torches to help light our way. He taught my brother and I how to use our imaginations- pretending, for example, that by placing medium-sized rocks on the ground in shapes of how one would draw a house with rooms - we could actually have our own houses and make-believe anything we wanted. Because we were poor, we never had very many toys. Uncle Floyd taught us how to use the silverware- knives, forks & spoons as soldiers in the army, so we could fight pretend battles. My brother had a spoon my father had brought back from the army with the words US Army engraved on the handle. He called this soldier "US The Great Fighter!" My mother thought Uncle Floyd indulged our fancy too much, but she enjoyed his visits too. Aunt Vera was his mate. She was kind, gentle and subdued- unlike Floyd. We always dreaded Friday nights and "passing out the ice-cream time", for it was Vera who was in charge of divvying out everyone's share. She was always stingy with the ice-cream- we each got only two scoops! When my father used to 'dish out the ice-cream" a whole half-gallon was split up by the family and consumed at one sitting! Vera was a loving person nevertheless, and she thought of us as her own and treated us accordingly. Whenever they came to visit, it was usually for a week or two, and one of the most joyous times of anticipation. I remember I was about 14 years old when my father and mother were called to Hartford, Connecticut with the news that something had happened to both Uncle Floyd and Aunt Vera. We were never told what it was- just that mom and dad had to go down and clean out their apartment, make arrangements, etc. Mom and Dad never went away from home and it will always be something that stuck in my memory. I knew it must have been something bad or my mother would have told me. I know that Floyd and Vera would never be coming to visit anymore, and I was deeply saddened by the loss. To this day, I do not know the particulars of their passing, but am committed to some day taking the time to go to Hartford, Connecticut and find out. They were loved.

Vera d. at Hartford, Connecticut, March, 1965. (her SS # 044-26-0265)

Floyd E. Farr d. of bronchial pneumonia after a pulmonary abscess, at St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut, 4 Dec., 1965 (age 73).

Both Floyd and Vera are buried in Proctorsville in the Hillcrest cemetery.

Vera Marion LOUCKS [scrapbook]-8580 was born 1 on 28 Apr 1910 in Hermon, St. Lawrence, New York, United States. She died 2 in Mar 1965 in Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, United States. Vera married 3 (MRIN:3784) Floyd Ernest FARR-8579 on 1 Jun 1933 in Woodstock, Windsor, Vermont, United States.

Russell Henry FARR [Parents] [scrapbook] 1-8583 was born 2 on 9 May 1910 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. He died 3, 4 on 6 Feb 1976 in Fair Haven, Rutland, Vermont, United States. Russell married (MRIN:3785) Margaret Bridget KING "Peggy"-8586 on 5 Nov 1937 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States.

From the research of Linda Farr Welch:

NEWS: -Proctorsville, 16 March, 1923: "The village schools combined for the last two weeks, have been having a spelling contest. Among the March 2nd winners are: Grade 7 and 8th: first prize, Russell Farr; second prize: Walter Chico; the winners for March 9th for Grade 7 and 8: first prize, Capen McNulty, second prize: Russell Farr."  - 11 May, 1923: "In the school contest last week in the oral reading session, the winner by grade included Grade 8, Russell Farr of Proctorsville. The spelling contest was also conducted by grades, and the winner of the 8th grade class spelling contest was also Russell Farr of Proctorsville." -Ludlow, 18 May, 1923: "Russell Farr of Proctorsville has joined the 8th grade class at Black River Academy."

Russ attended Black River Academy in Ludlow and was star pitcher of the baseball team in 1924.  He had met his bride in Ludlow while she was up from Boston with friends, on vacation. She attended at a barn dance (he was playing the banjo in a performing group) on Lake Rescue in Tyson on a hot summer evening. They found a few opportunities that evening to dance together, and my father said, well: 'it was love at first sight.'   They wrote letters back and forth for a few weeks, and she came up to visit on vacation weekends.  He went down to Boston a few times too.  It wasn't long in their courtship that they realized that marriage was the obvious next step. Russ traveled to Boston to marry his 'Irish lass.'

He entered service for World War II  in  the United States Army, January 23, 1942, at Hartford, Connecticut.  He joined the 3217th Signal Service Battalion and trained for the job of  a radio operator. He took his training with him, serving in Northern France. The Signal Corps provided both strategic and tactical communications. As both a combat arm and a technical service, a status it shared only with the Corps of Engineers, it was responsible for the doctrine and equipment used by every Army communicator. The Signal Corps officer candidate school at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey graduated 21,033 Signal Corps second lieutenants during the period 1941-1946.  Russell H. Farr was one of them.

Mr. Farr received a medal for service in the European African-Middle Eastern Campaign.  He was demobilized and returned to America on 12 Oct., 1945. He was separated from service at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, 19 Oct., 1945.   After the war, he went back to his farm in North Poultney and took up the occupation of farming again in Fair Haven (Rutland County) Vermont. But the Army training was still with him, and he continued to self-study radio / signal technology. He worked as a radio electrician to supplement the income of being a farmer. When the televison came into being in the late 1950s, Mr. Farr was one of the first in the neighborhood, to have one in his home.

“Peg” was a city girl, her parents coming to Boston as young adults and marrying there.  Her father, Patrick was a bricklayer- a very large man physically, gentle and kind. Her mother was an Irish beauty, so family story goes, and Mr. King adored her.

After she married Mr. Farr, Peggy moved with him to the farm his parents had purchased in North Poultney, Vt. where the whole familial group lived together and farmed.  Mr. Farr use to call his wife  “Peg O' My Heart.” He would sing the song of the same name to her on his banjo whenever he had a mind too.   Russ had gone to the play “Peg O' My Heart.” at the Ludlow Opera House when he was a boy.  It was a heart-warming, wonderful play. The three act comedy was about Peg, the daughter of an improvident Irishman and an aristocratic Englishwoman whose family disowned her as a result of this marriage.  Following her mother's death, Peg was deserted by her father.  A wealthy Uncle seeking to undo the wrongs of the mother, provides for Peg's future.  It was arranged that she would visit her Aunt, a stern old lady who lives at Regal villa in England.  But the free life which her father had left her with had its mark on Peg. She refuses to be taught properties and it is not easy for her to adapt herself to the narrow conventions of English society life.  Her one friend is Sir Gerald Adair, known to Peg as “Plain Jerry.”  The warm-hearted and irrepressible Peg falls in love with him and tries bravely enough to adopt the proper English mannerisms, but old rebellious 'Irish' habits often creep into their daily life. Peg's encounters with the English conventions make the brightness and spontaneity of the story, and all finally ends happily.   It must have been that Peg King reminded Russ Farr of the “Peg” in the play, for that would be her name to him throughout their life together.

Margaret died of cancer at Fair Haven, 5 April, 1974. "May we be also ready, As she who went before- Whose arms will then enfold us, Upon the Sabbath shore."   Russell died at Fair Haven,  6 Feb., 1976.

Margaret Bridget "Peggy" KING [scrapbook]-8586 was born 1 on 4 Feb 1908 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States. She died 2 on 5 Apr 1974 in Fair Haven, Rutland, Vermont, United States from of cancer. Peggy married (MRIN:3785) Russell Henry FARR-8583 on 5 Nov 1937 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States.

taken from "The Roman: A Dramatic Poem" by Sydney Thomspon Dobell (1824-1874)

When I was reading poetry a few nights ago, I read this poem and it made me cry. It is the way I shall always feel when I visit My Darling Mother's little peaceful grave in St. Mary's Parish Church graveyard, Fair Haven, Vt. She would be 103 yrs old if she lived until today. She was taken away from me, my sisters and my brother far too early at age 65. The ground where her grave is, lying next to my darling father, is sacred ground. They are together in paradise if there is such a place. There must be; because all of this energy that we carry around with us every day cannot just die. It is too powerful. What it seeks is its source when it goes away from the body - at death. The body is a vehicle. A vehicle through which each "soul-power" needs to enter to become human. It must happen at birth. Every soul (power sparks) enjoys being human. We live multiple lifetimes. The power goes back to its source when the human in us dies. I am fairly sure I believe in the "Circle of the Spirit" I believe that my mother, father and darling son Jason and all my loved ones live. Their power was much too strong when they lived. Because of these things, I do not believe that their power (after death) could be left in a land of "nothingless." Often times I think I can feel a presence of one or the other of these three around me, protecting me from instant car crashes (by divine intervention) or stupid accidents (like almost falling down the stairs). I do believe in "Guardian Angels" We all should believe in them. My Mamma is one of mine. —Linda Margaret Farr Routzhan Welch, 9 April, 2011, 10:16 -p.m.

They had the following children.

  F i Living-8589.
  F ii Living-8590.
  F iii Living-8591.
  M iv Living-8592.

Augustine Louis DASHNER-8587 was born 1 on 21 Mar 1907 in Ludlow, Windsor, Vermont, United States. Augustine married (MRIN:3786) Susan FARR-8584. The marriage ended in divorce.

Susan FARR [Parents] 1-8584 was born on 27 Dec 1911 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. She died on 10 Dec 1992 in Fort Myers, Lee, Florida, United States. Susan married (MRIN:3786) Augustine Louis DASHNER-8587. The marriage ended in divorce.

Other marriages:

From the research of Linda Farr welch:

Susan, b. Proctorsville, 27 Dec., 1911. She m. 1st, Augustine L. Dashner (b. 21 March, 1907, son of Louis & Mary (Lambert) Dashner).  They were divorced.  She m. 2nd -- John Canino.  He was a brutal man and they were divorced.  Susan moved to Garden Grove, California where she spent a great part of her life.  Towards the end of her life she moved to Fort Myers, Florida to live near her daughter Marlene.  She suffered a dehabilitating stroke and was sent by ambulance to Worcester, Massachusetts. Her condition was critical and Marlene placed her a nursing home and where she died, 10 Dec., 1992.

Dashner Children:

1.  Marlene, Ludlow, Vt., 15 May, 1932. She m. 1st, --- John 'Jack' Casey. She m. later in life, Henry Comonos of Florida. Marlene died of a massive stroke in Florida in 2000.


Susan FARR [Parents] 1-8584 was born on 27 Dec 1911 in Proctorsville, Windsor, Vermont, United States. She died on 10 Dec 1992 in Fort Myers, Lee, Florida, United States. Susan married (MRIN:3787) John CANINO-8588. The marriage ended in divorce.

Other marriages:
DASHNER, Augustine Louis

From the research of Linda Farr welch:

Susan, b. Proctorsville, 27 Dec., 1911. She m. 1st, Augustine L. Dashner (b. 21 March, 1907, son of Louis & Mary (Lambert) Dashner).  They were divorced.  She m. 2nd -- John Canino.  He was a brutal man and they were divorced.  Susan moved to Garden Grove, California where she spent a great part of her life.  Towards the end of her life she moved to Fort Myers, Florida to live near her daughter Marlene.  She suffered a dehabilitating stroke and was sent by ambulance to Worcester, Massachusetts. Her condition was critical and Marlene placed her a nursing home and where she died, 10 Dec., 1992.

Dashner Children:

1.  Marlene, Ludlow, Vt., 15 May, 1932. She m. 1st, --- John 'Jack' Casey. She m. later in life, Henry Comonos of Florida. Marlene died of a massive stroke in Florida in 2000.

Living [Parents]-8592.


Levi Barney FARR [Parents]-8593 was born in 1810 in New Hampshire, United States. He died on 27 Dec 1896 in Claremont, Sullivan, New Hampshire, United States. Levi married (MRIN:3789) Betsey Cutter PRIEST-8595 on 19 Nov 1832 in Marlow, Cheshire, New Hampshire, United States.

Other marriages:
CRAIG, Mary G.

Betsey Cutter PRIEST-8595 was born on 7 Sep 1813 in Alstead, Cheshire, New Hampshire, United States. She died in Jan 1841 in Nashua, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States. Betsey married (MRIN:3789) Levi Barney FARR-8593 on 19 Nov 1832 in Marlow, Cheshire, New Hampshire, United States.

They had the following children.

  F i
Eunice FARR-8596 was born in 1834 in New Hampshire, United States.

Levi Barney FARR [Parents]-8593 was born in 1810 in New Hampshire, United States. He died on 27 Dec 1896 in Claremont, Sullivan, New Hampshire, United States. Levi married (MRIN:3790) Mary G. CRAIG-8597 on 7 Jan 1841 in New Hampton, Belknap, New Hampshire, United States.

Other marriages:
PRIEST, Betsey Cutter

Mary G. CRAIG-8597 was born in 1801 in New Hampshire, United States. Mary married (MRIN:3790) Levi Barney FARR-8593 on 7 Jan 1841 in New Hampton, Belknap, New Hampshire, United States.

Home First Previous Next Last

Surname List | Name Index